Re: [MV] Still Trolling for PIKE. Pike Bishop where are you?!

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 06:54:21 PDT

I have been out of the loop and just catching up on my messages, but I feel
that I need to chime in here:

Dave and Donna are the best canvas people in the hobby, among the best
vendors that I have dealt with, and really nice genuine people.

My major experience with them was in making a special top and seat covers
for an early M151, something that was not stock, not a popular item that it
would benifit them to do the R&D work on, and a pain in the ass. (Or might I
say; I am a pain in the ass dealing with the details)

They made patterns, did not charge me for the R&D time (If one of my clients
came to me desperate for a special product that no one else would make, I
would have charged him thru the nose for my time)

After doing a great job, shipping it on time, and everything was rx in good
shape, I found that one of the seat covers did not fit -BECAUSE OF MY
MEASUREMENT ERROR-; they had me ship it back and reworked it at no charge.

Any business can have things slip thru the cracks (I do not know the origin
of the complaint, I have not found the orig post), but I believe that you
need to look at the big picture and the great reputation of a vendor, before
making damaging statements.

If anyone whets to flame me for this, go for it, I have rested this weekend
and am ready for it <G>.
Hank Fackovec
President
Radio Technology, Inc.