Re: [MV] Wehrmacht paint colours reference available

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:13:36 PDT

On Monday 09 July 2001 10:20, I was honoured by a missive from Larry Mayo
that said :
> To complicate matters, paint pigments change color over time because
> of exposure to atmospheric gasses and pollution. Yellow pigments are the
> worst for this. What started out as bright yellow in 1943 is now a muddy
> tan. I've given up on telling
> the newbies that their carefully matched paint from an aged sample is
> wrong.

I know; I was lucky for my Kuebelwagen, in that I had a nice sample that had
been kept sealed away from air, moisture, pollution and light on the INSIDE
of a Notek black-out headlight; there was a marked difference between the
inside and the outside. (And NO, it had not been repainted ;-)

Cheers,

Ron.

--
        Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
                                                          -- Niels Bohr