Re: [MV] Wehrmacht paint colours reference available

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@nachem.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:56:00 PDT

Speaking of Wehrmacht colors, in try to get a reasonable substitute for a Wehrmacht helmet for display purposes, I purchased a Spanish helmet. Removed the front loop and sanded/primed it. What was the correct color and is there a Testors color, etc., that comes close to the original? I am told Feldgrau is correct but I have seen a dark, almost black green color as well. Are they both correct, depending on branch? I would like to paint it as a Luftwaffe Helmet if possible. Any help is appreciated. I know it sounds a little off topic but it will be part of the display with the next vehicle I get.
Thanks
Sean

MVPA 14222
51 M135