Re: [MV] Still Trolling for PIKE. Pike Bishop where are you?!

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 20:11:08 PDT

Kevin,
Since you also chose to flame me publicly, I'm posting this to the list, albeit with more class than either you or David used.
I agree with all that you said, and I wouldn't have had a problem, until it came to his last line and the remark about the "Pike" being a bottom feeder. It was a no class over the line remark. He made his point, until he did that. Reprisal is one thing, and name calling is quite another. I think it was childish.
When you select a vendor to give your hard earned money to, it's always nice to see ahead of time how you will be treated if a misunderstanding occurs. I think David made that clear in his post...I won't be buying from him, and that's too bad, because he was on my list of possible sources for my new truck canvases. I've been in the situation plenty of times where a vendor for some reason doesn't fill an order properly, whether by negligence, or error, and I won't be talked to like that.
Professionalism has no substitute, and when you deal with the public, sometimes you have to eat your words...that's the best reason I can think of not to say any sour ones.
The funny thing is, I never saw Pike's original post, but now I'll go hunting for it in the archives. David would have been better off keeping his mouth shut and dealing with this privately. Now that he has counterattacked, he has brought MUCH more attention to the matter. Ghengis Khan, the famous Mongolian warrior, once said " If you sit by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies always come floating by."
Nuff said!

Best regards,
Jack