Unique project

From: Alan Zeichner (Alan.Zeichner@kp.org)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 12:33:26 PDT

Would anybody in the San Francisco bay area be interested in a rather unique project? While reading an old(1999) copy of "Finescale Modeler" I came across someone who scratch built an armored car as used by the IDF during there war of independence. It was built on a WC frame and drive train. All of the armor is flat plate without any curves. The turret while "round" is made of a series of flat plates. Would there be any interest in a project like this? I thought a plywood mock up would be a good way to start. If this could be completed it would be the only one in this country I'm sure. They called these vehicles Bambi's. I only have the picture in the magazine and no way to scan. If anybody has a real photo reference I would greatly appreciate it . Thanks in advance..................Alan