MVPA Convention---Thanks Lee Holland!!!!

From: Janet A. Mele (jamele@erols.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 06:09:44 PDT

>From George Mele MVPA 10010

I would like to add a positive note to this list and extend my sincere
thanks to Lee Holland, MVPA President, for his recent assistance. In the
last week I spent probably 4-5 hours making dozens of calls to the
Commonwealth of Virginia vast bureaucracy--DOT, MVA, State Police, visitor's
bureau, etc--to try to determine and secure proper,legal permits for
trasnsport of M20 and Bren Carrier to the show in Fort Lee on the 18th.
Using a MD registered construction equipt trailer and Mack tractor so
paperwork was definitely needed. Encountered a sea of conflicting info,
interminable holds, hand-offs and general BS. In frustration, I called Lee
and yelled "help". At 10 AM I was his 13th call of the day on show business
but he promised to make some phone calls to get some clarity. To make a long
story short, he called back within an hour with a "by the numbers"
solution and list of contacts and toll-free phone numbers. Two phone calls
,three faxes, and a credit card payment later, I had faxed permits in hand.

   Thanks Lee ! See y'all at the show.