Re: [MV] Air Compressor Parts

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 08:59:04 PDT

Richard Tait wrote:

> I purchased a new in the box engine from Victory Surplus in LA, which is
> handy since I live in Fullerton Ca. Price was $90.00. Manual, starting
> rope and fuel filter included. I have it installed already. I need to
> know the plumbing on the compressor portion of the unit because somehow
> it stops compressing at set point. I am missing the pressure gauge,
> which is no problem, but I think a pressure line runs from the pressure
> tank to the top of the compressor to stop the pressure build up , any
> suggestions. I may have to take it to a compressor shop for advice, I
> don't want to blow the tank up. It does have a relief pop off
> valve on the tank. Richard Tait

Richard:

Engine driven compressors, and *large* electric motor driven
compressors, have an unloader valve that shuts off the intake air to the
compressor when the pressure gets high enough. It does require a small
line from the unloader valve to the tank. The unloader valve performs
the same function as the pressure switch on a small electric
compressor. If you haven't fooled around with one of these before,
you'd be best off to get some advice from a compressor repair shop, that
is, go by with what you have, and let them show you how it all goes
together.

--

John A. Hern Jr. 1900 Millview Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814 mailto:hern@nidlink.com Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer Foundry: http://www.hernironworks.com Greyhounds: http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org Personal: http://www.happygreyhound.com