Multifuel lift pump

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 19:57:30 PDT

    I first called Memphi$ Equipment and priced one of their rebuilt
pumps. Then after I got up off the floor I decided that there has got to
be a better way.
    Next, went to NAPA and got a P74018 universal electric fuel pump.
The pump comes with 1/4 inch pipe thread one each end (This still
handles plenty of fuel) I got two brass adapters with male 1/4 and
female 3/8 threads and put them in the pump. I then got two pipe thread
to compression fitting adapters (1/2 inch tubing) and screwed into this.

    You can mount it on the inside of the frame and it will be hidden or
mount it on top of the tank. You leave the bad factory pump in the tank
and wire this to its harness leaving the wire on top of the tank running
to the old pump just for looks.
    The pump is a little louder but you can't hear it over the low air
buzzer or the engine anyway.

   My pump must have been worn out for a long time because the truck
seems to run better now