Re: [MV] Rebuilding M37 fuel pump

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 20:28:41 PDT

Hi Jeff and all,

I rebuilt the fuel pump/ vacuum pump unit on the old 715 myself. It was
not a bad job and only took about an hour. I got the parts kit from
Memphis Equipment. The one thing that surprised me was that the pivot pin
for the arm that rides on the cam shaft was worn half way through. I had
to replace it and that part didn't come in the kit. It was a 1/8" X 3/8"
dowel pin which I got from a mill supply. The pump now works well.

The only POR 15 product I have used is the manifold coating called "Black
Velvet" and it works great!

Best regards,
Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA #17216