Willys MB Lawn Ornament!

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 21:02:55 PDT

A gentleman drove two hours today to give me
some bad news on the already "bad" Willys.
  Seems there's not much left to use that's any
good... A fender? A glovebox? A grille?
  Sheesh! I really had no idea what a pile it was!
  Anyway, it gave me an IDEA!
  A friend of mine has a Ford Model T as rustic
decoration in his backyard.
  Since my jeep still LOOKS like a jeep, why not
use it as decoration? It isn't worth anything, even with the data
plate!
  I'll strip off the non-stock appearing items like
offset 15" wheels and tires, little tin mud guards
and the funky tow bar connected to the front.
  I'll throw on some stock-appearing wheels and
tires, some OD Green with bogus hood numbers and VOILA! CONVERSATION
PIECE!
  It's in MY space so the wife can't argue..
  What do you think?
  Sink some poles and suspend it in the air?
  What can I lose? I can't hurt it.
   Don