Re: [MV] OPEN EYES IN MASS...epiloge LONG

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 18:21:10 PDT

In a message dated 7/15/01 9:48:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jemery@execpc.com writes:

<< OK, I've been wanting to ask this question for along time. From a
legal/law
 enforcement perspective, what is the difference between: burglary, theft,
 robbery, and larceny. I have a "feeling" about some of the differences but
 I'd like to see a side by side comparison some time.

 thanks,

In New York State, Burglary is the crime of entering onto or into private
property and stealing something, or intending to steal something. (Tools, etc
are evidence of intent.)

Robbery is the taking of a person's property by threat of bodily harm, in
other words, a face-to-face event, with a gun, knife, dog, big stick, note to
the bank teller, or even harsh words.

I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on the list. apb