Leaking gas tank.

From: Sixshoot45@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 15:46:48 PDT

Hi List,

I've had constant trouble with my Cj2A gas tank since I began fixing the jeep
up. I've soddered numerous holes, and just last week used JC Whiteney gas
tank sealant. However all of my attempts at fixing the leaks have been
unsuccessful, and I am quite certain that this tank is beyond repair.

What I would like to know is, JC Whitney has their tanks priced somewhere
around 80-90 dollars, while Beachwood canvas works is selling theirs for
close to $200. What is the reason of this huge price difference?

Denny
'48 Cj2A