US Navy Registration numbers

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:09:38 PDT

I picked up a nice MB hood at Ft. Lee and it appears to only have one coat
of paint over the original paint. Peeking through the paint is the original
registration number (94-2177?) and the "U.S. NAVY" markings. (Don't see the
star yet if it was ever on there.) I was wondering if anyone had the
registration numbers for the USN or NOM contract MBs to figure out what year
this hood is for (or has a photo of one to compare with what I have on my
hood). The numbers and letters appear to be a bit larger than the original
U.S. ARMY markings. I am not restoring a Navy MB, but I will make a stencil
of what is there and document its location for posterity.

Todd Paisley