Ft. Lee and withdrawal #1

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:05:18 PDT

    It is 2246 on Wednesday night. I sit in a Hampton Inn in Petersburg 10
miles south of the convention site. I last collected my list mail at 0200 on
Tuesday, and just read it now.
    I am suffering from MV List withdrawal. I don't use a computer for
business on the road, so I have no way to pick up email.
    I MISS YOU GUYS !!!!
    Spent the day buying an Instant up canopy and some folding chairs, cause
the Vendor I was going to help out decided it wasn't worthwhile to drive
down from MA for one space (reserved too late) so I got his tags and set up
a R&R area for my club mates in the middle of the Vendors area. (Thanks
Charlie !!!)
   Day was cloudy and humid with several periods of rain. VMVA is doing a
bang up job. Lots of action today with vendors setting up and vehicles
pulling into display area. Took a bunch of photos of Jim Gilmore's Hetzer
and of an M8(?) Greyhound and a huge Mack of Frank Buck's. Also some shots
of a Stewart Stevenson FMTV 6X6 and 5 ton dual axle trailer, both sporting
Texas TEMP plates from the manufacturer. I may be partial, but the M35
looks a lot tougher than it's replacement. I don't care how much Armor All
ya put on the tires. (Very weird seeing uniformed troops putting Armor All
on the tires of everything they have on display { washing machine trailers,
gen set trailers, fork lifts and everything else } but I guess it keeps them
busy since painting rocks seems to on the way out. )
    Since I have very little money (cash) but lots of plastic, I think I
will be spending quite a bit of time wandering around taking photos and
looking for vendors who will take plastic.
    Well,off to bed, early day tomorrow.
Ron