US Army classification standards

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 05:35:00 PDT

I understand the military classification standards, such as:
Standard A
Standard B
Obsolete
Pending

But what do the following mean:

DT
LP-U

I picked up a manual at Ft Lee (unfortunately, the cover was missing, so I
can't tell you which one it is), that shows very vehicles, there specs, and
classification.

The LP-U is assigned to the XM-706, so is SUSPECT it means Limited
Production-something....but this is a guess.
The DT is assigned to the XM-705, so I suspect that it means developmental.
The F is assigned to the M38A1, and I am baffled by it completely. Other
Jeeps in this book, and their classifications are:
M170....S
M718 and M718A1....Standard A
M38A1C.....S
M151, M151A1....Standard B