Re: [MV] List spread virus?

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 06:14:57 PDT

At 07:48 07/25/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Advice as always is, never let your email program automatically open any
>attachment, go look at the extension of the attachment, don't do anything
>with it, other than delete it, if the extension is not something you know to
>be benign such as .jpg, .gif, .txt, etc.

Guys, the way to deal with this is to have an up to date virus protection
!! If you are running OutlookExpress, there is a free program from CA
called MailWatcher, which will not allow any program to generate emails to
be sent out automatically. Works great!!

Being in the internet business, I see about 10 notices a day about an
infected attachement, and the program does away with it (as per my
configuration).

I use CA's eTrust virus scanner, (19.95 now) and they update it almost
daily now.

If you cannot find MailWatcher and would like it, just let me know and I
will send it to you.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce