[MV] List spread virus?

From: Mauricio Mora (armymora@sit.com.co)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 09:22:22 PDT

 Hi David / All,

 This is a virus that started spreading a couple of days ago. Dont open it
just erase it. If you open it you'll infect your system and you'll have to
vaccinate it.
Symantec/Norton has a variety of solutions for this. You'll have to scan
your system and erase some registry items. The patch for Norton will do this
automatically.

The virus takes randomly subjects from the PC mails and attached itself.
Also changes the extension of the attachement so it can be harder to trace /
stop it.

 I manage an ISP and our mail server increased email traffic by 1000% since
yesterday. Is crazy...

Best,

Mauricio
42 MB in Colombia