Re: [MV] Strange Jeep

From: Lisa Bunch (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 21:00:54 PDT

Wayne-
Good job on the pictures. Those are CJ10A aircraft tugs made by American
Motors. They look like a CJ7 on steroids. From what I can remember from my
desperate and futile hunt over a year ago, they are powered by a 6cyl Nissan
diesel. They were 2 wheel drive, but had the Dana 300 transfer case
permanently selected in low range (no shifter I guess). I don't know what
transmission (manual or automatic) or rear axle they used (or the ratio, but
probably 4.10). I wanted to remove the very heavy tug bed, replace it with a
flat bed, add a front axle, add a shifter to the transfer case, and go
wheelin'!!!!
Never be up for sale, huh? Wonder what's up with that...
Lisa