Re: [MV] My M35A2 is Almost Registered!

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 19:17:05 PDT

Jim Newton wrote:

> Does anyone live near Plano, TX? I need someone to visit the previous
> owner to find out if he will send me back the title and all the
> required docs. For some reason he will not answer my phone calls or
> email or respond to certified mail...I'm afraid something's up with
> him, and I suspect that because he never transferred the truck into
> his own name from the guy on the title, he will have to pay penalties
> in order to get the title transferred to me, and he doesn't want to
> spend the money.

Howdy Jim,

Tell the PO that all you want is the title and bill of sale from the
other PO to him and that you will pay the two transfer fees - from PO2
to him and from him to you. That may loosen him up. I recently resolved
a registration problem in that manner a while back. I paid the two
transfer fees and got my title. Ifno MV Volunteer steps forward,
consider hiring a process server or private investigator in the Plano
area to contact him.

I can get you some names of Licensed Private Investigators in the area
if you need one.

Good Luck,
Mel Miller
2 X M725