Re: [MV] Deuce: Cleaning contacts in starter relay. FYI

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:21:37 PDT

In a message dated 7/29/01 2:46:10 PM Central Standard Time, w7ls@blarg.net
writes:

<< Remove the heavy leads and the one small lead. Remove the relay. Open up
 only the bottom, where the heavy bolts are. Scrape the black stuff off and
 polish with fine emery cloth. Reassemble. You can take the top off, but be
 careful. The coil wires are kinda delicate. I found them to be frayed. I cut
 them a little shorter and tinned the leads, then resoldered carefully. >>

FIRST, BEFORE ANY OF THE ABOVE, DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE!!!!!