Mule problems

From: t.glance@att.net
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 15:06:39 PDT

My 274A2 runs fine for about 7-10 minutes, then once it
is warm it starts acting like it has a fuel restriction,
the engine loses power, runs slowy at full throttle,
backfires through the carb once or twice, and dies. It
will immediatley restart, but only run for a few
seconds. The longer I wait, the longer it will run...
wait 5 minutes and it will run for 2 or 3. Once it cools
all the way off it will run for 7-10 minutes again.

I thought it may be a fuel pump problem, so today I put
a 12v eletric one I had laying in the shop on it, but it
still does the same thing.

Any advice from the mule experts out there?