Military tactical parachute line repair?

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 18:07:08 PDT

I know we have a lot of expertise out here and I was hoping it might extend
to papachutes. Would anyone with that expertise care to offer up some help
on how to repair the shroud lines to a tactical ram air parachute canopy?
This is for a little scientific ground operations for the kids, not for
jumping out of a aircraft. FYI: There is about 16 inches of the parachute
cord (flat type) extending beyond the canopy. Everything below that has been
cut away.

1. My question, is there a way to safely tie in new line without
compromising the strength of the line as a whole?

2. How long is the cascade line to the connector link? ( this would be the
suspension line that joins another line (usually in the same set) below the
canopy surface but above the connector link.

3. How long are the control lines before they converge into a single control
line?

4. Is there anywhere to purchase the flat type parachute chord? Plenty of
the old style round 550 available, but hoping to repair one with original
cord.

5. Does anyone have a diagram of how the lines are configured and ultimately
connected? Maybe a web site I could visit?

Thanks much for your help... Jack

PS C'mon, don't flame me, this parachute is most certainly a vehicle for
moving personnel and it is military!