Re: [MV] Mule problems

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 16:02:23 PDT

Check your oil.... Does it look a little thin, a
little too clean?

Mine does something similar. After it warms up it runs
very roughly. The fuel in the crankcase from the
leaking fuel pump diaphragm starts to evaporate when
the engine warms up. This gets sucked right into the
intake by the engine breather causing the engine to
run richer as it warms up until it eventually stalls.

After it cools, it starts the whole process over
again!

If you close the breather off the crankcase starts to
pressurize and blows oil out everywhere!

I am now in the market for a new fuel pump diaphragm.

Brandon