Re: [MV] M28/29 Weasels

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:58:37 PDT

Hi Dean,

>Would some M28 and/or M29 Weasel owners point me to sources on the history
>and technical aspects of these little tracked wonders. Also if you have
>any particular advise about them I would love to get it.

Not much info out there on the T15/M28, but there is quite a bit of info
floating around for T24/M29/M29c. Uhm... like my work-in-progress
website:

www.M29cWeasel.Org

:-)

The discussion area on my site is going to be taken down as Barry's
existing discussion area is going to remain live (he thought he was going
to take it down). You can check that out at:

http://disc.server.com/Indices/56136.html

There is a TON of stored up knowledge in the people that post to this BBS.

Printed resources are difficult to find on the Weasel. I can suggest the
following:

US Military Tracked Vehicles - Crismon
ISBN 0-87938-672-X

Standard Catalog of US Military vehicles 1940-1965 - Berndt (published by
Krause)
ISBN 0-87341-223-0

Military Vehciles Magazine issues # 42, 43, 44

Off the top of my head, that is about all I can recommend at the moment.

Steve

1xT24 Weasel (running)
1xM29c Weasel (running)
6xM29/M29c Weasels (various states)