Ref. Medina Show

From: Tom C. (gammagoat@neo.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 03:33:01 PDT

I went and nosed around for a while. I will be posting the 15 or so pictures
I took in the next day or so on my website. Plenty of M37s, mules, weasels
etc. Quite a few parts people and some serious project M38s. As far as the
steam explosion, what a sad sad event. I just happen to have taken Sunday
off for my anniversary, otherwise I would have been working at the PD.
Without a doubt I would have been there as it was my officers that were
making the stop on the tractor as it was tearing up the asphalt street and
entrance to the fairgrounds. I love those things and certainly would have
been right there checking it out. According to my shift it was a scene one
could imagine from a war.Screams and black bloody people running around.
Strangely enough, all my guys were near the fairgrounds and were there
within minutes to assist, the radio traffic was chilling . It always is when
an officer starts screaming on the radio about ambulances and DOAs, and the
dreaded "Officer Down".
Tom Carrell