Trip to Florida.

From: Witold Grzymala-Busse (witek@argus.rs-systems.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:49:30 PDT

I was in Kissimmee (sp?) Florida at the local Airport and I saw about 8
stalwarts in the field rusting away. The condition of them all was poor
and most were heavily modified. Several were "streched" about 10 feet.
It appears that several years ago a company in RI used them for land/sea
trips on the east cost. There was only one Stalwart in military condition
but it was a bit rusty. However, I think it was repairable.
The airport also houses a company that fixes old warbirds. They have
tours, it is facinating to see them restore literally "old twisted
aluminum scrap piles".
One last thing I just spoke with Peggy at Battle Creek and I am finally
cleared to pick up my two deuces from Fort Riley!!! It appears that I
might have up to three dueces in about two weeks!