Driving M1009 from California to Texas...

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 00:24:27 PDT

Hi everyone!

I'm heading to California to drive my new (to me) 1985
M1009 back to Texas...any last minute hints or tips
before I take off aside from the obvious? (i.e.
Checking the fluids, air cleaner, belts, hoses, tires,
etc..) This is the truck I'd asked the list for
advice on previously...new (15000 miles) 6.5L Turbo
diesel, etc...

I don't normally like civilian modifications, but I'm
thankful this one has an am/fm/ cassette radio in it
-- it will much appreciated on the trip back! I'm
taking two radios (VHF and HF) as well as my cell
phone...should be covered in case anything
happens...taking all my hand tools also -- I wonder if
they'll let me on the plane with all that stuff...my
one checked bag probably weighs very close to the 70
pound limit with the tools in it. :-)

Any helpful hints will be welcomed! Thanks!!
Pictures will be posted when I return!

T. Bloxom
1952 M38A1 (sold! Got picked up to be shipped today!)
1985 M1009 CUCV (picking it up in two days)