Adapting M416 trailer wiring to Civvy

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 18:17:23 PDT

Hi list,

Thanks again for all the help on this. I used a test light to ring out the
trailer light receptacle on the back of my CUCV M1009. Just thought I'd
share what I found. In spite of the fact that the wiring harness has 7
wires going into the receptacle (one is the ground that is bolted to the
chassis) here is how the pins ring out:

B - Left turn signal, brake light and hazard
J - Right turn signal, brake light and hazard
E - Parking/running lights
D - Chassis ground

The other interesting thing I discovered is that these pins are at 12 volts,
not 24 volts like I would have expected. This all should make it pretty
easy to make my adapter.

Thanks again,
Ned