Re: [MV] Specs on an M75 APC

From: Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 00:40:38 PDT

From: JHUTT7107@aol.com
Date sent: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:23:08 EDT
Subject: [MV] Specs on an M75 APC

> Listers,
>
> Can somebody please give me the general specifications on the M75
> Armored Personnel Carrier? I'm looking for things like the weight,
> dimensions, engine type and size, number of crew members, armament,
> years during which the US Army used it, anything else along those
> lines.

Engine: Continental AO-895-4, 6-cylinder, 895 cubic inches, bhp
295 at 2.700 rpm, air-cooled.

Transmission: GM Allison CD-500-4 cross drive transmission and
differential with torque converter.

Chassis and body: Overall lenght: 204 inches. Height: 120 inches.
Width: 112 inches.

Crew: Driver and commander - seating for 10 troops.

Armament: 1 .50 cal machine gun, one .45 submachine gun, 1 3.5
inch rocket launcher.

Additional: 24 volt electrical system. Top speed: 45 mph. Fuel
capacity 150 gallons. Cruising range: 115 miles.

Historical: Developed and built by International Harvester
Corporation in the early 1950īs as a smaller improved version of the
M44. It was succeeded by the less expensive M59, which was hully
amphibious without preparation.

Ref.: Standard catalog of U.S. military vehicles 1940 - 1965, page
179 - 180.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller