Re:Hard Cranking 6.2

From: Kenneth H Koch (m35a1@juno.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:30:56 PDT

Thanks to all who responded about the engine not turning over. I did as
everyone advised (check resistance of wires, clean connections, change
batteries, even tho they were good). No luck. Took the glow plugs out,
thinking I might have blown a head or head gasket, filling a cylinder(s)
with coolant and hydro-locking it. Turned over like a wiz! No water
coming out, only diesel mist. Put the plugs back one at a time cranking
it after each one. Stayed the same till the 5th one. Started turning
slower. It turned a little slower with each one I put back in. Got to #8,
put the heat to it, and it cranked slowly about 3 revs and then lit up.
Let it run for about 15 minutes, shut it down and tried again. Fired
right up. Tried again the next morning, and it fired after turning, quite
well I might add, about 2 revs. Don't know what solved the problem, but
it's okay for now.