Help Identify M-series Truck

From: John Best (besty@americu.net)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 13:27:47 PDT

Hi, list.

I need help identifying a vehicle. The dash plates are unreadable. I can't
get too close because there's a hornet's nest in the glovebox. The vehicle
was driven to its present location and has sat there for years. It has a
homemade dump box on the back, a plow hookup on the front, 5 NDT tires, and
lots of rust. PO claims it was an ambulance, but the wheelbase looks too
short to me. There's a yellow circle with an OD star in the center on the
hood. Also, the number 82 is on the driver's side front bumper. BO light,
BO driving lights, the rest you can see from the photos. Check out pictures
at the following URLs:

http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/side.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/leftside.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/dsfview.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/dsfclose.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/dash.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/engine.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/front.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/psf.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/leftno.jpg
http://web.americu.net/jabbest/m-truck/rightno.jpg

Any ideas what it is and what it's worth?

John

--
John Best
Durhamville, NY, USA