Baking Manual

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 09:39:31 PDT

All, I have found a manual with no publication date. It is "Baking
Manual for the Army Cook" "Prepared for the United States Army by the
National Live Stock And Meat Board, 407 South Dearborn Street, Chicago,
Illinois". The manual is about 9.5 x 12.5 inches and 96 pages.

The only clue to when this was published is that it is acknowledged by
E.B.Gregory, Major General, The Quartermaster General.

Anyone know where or how I can find out when Gregory served as
Quartermaster General? This would at least give me the period of this
manual. The style looks like early 50's.
Tks Dewey