Re: [MV] M114 Track Sections and M29 Weasels

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 22:52:51 PDT

Hi Tony,

>A while back there was an article on the "Weasel Restorer" Site (which
>unfortunately has been taken down)

Yes and no. Barry took down the images but the discussion area is still
around. However, Summer being what it is the list isn't very active at
all right now:

http://disc.server.com/Indices/56136.html

>Does anybody know the gentleman who did the conversion I believe he is the
>one who has that half truck half half track conversion?

His name is Gary Szechy and email address is gszechy@cs.com. He posts on
Barry's BBS regullarly. In fact, he posted in the last couple of days.

>Does anybody have the article about the conversion?

Barry and I were supposed to coordinate something, but both of us have
been quite busy so nothing has happened yet. You can see my site at:

www.M29cWeasel.Org

Work in progress :-)

>How is the conversion holding up? Any problems?
>Are there any sources for M114 track on our list with price?
>According to my measuring it should take fourteen 3 foot track sections does
>this sound about right?
>Does anybody know the legality of running a rubber tracked vehicle on the
>road in GA? I believe in Tenn you need a 1/2 inch of rubber to be legal...
>should be similar to the regs for half tracks...

No clue about any of these things :-) If Jason Green is still watching
this list he might have an answer for you as he is in Georgia and has
(had?) a Weasel.

Good luck!

Steve