Whine in M151

From: Bobby Joe Pendleton II (bobbyjoe@chartertn.net)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 19:41:08 PDT

Greetings,
I know the rear differentials makes noise in a M151, but how much noise?
Mine whines like hell in 4th gear, and appears to only be in 4th gear. When
you push in the clutch, it stops whining. I am thinking it is in the
transmission. The guy I bought it off of, changed the rear differential and
said it did not help. Could the sound be traveling along the drive shaft and
up through the rear differential to the rear floor board? or is this normal?
This thinks whines more than my 2 1/2 ton.

thanks,
Bobby Joe Pendleton II
MVPA#17657