Re: Alcohols

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 01:38:56 PDT

Fortunately for me, I flushed the system *before*
attaching the new wheel cylinders and master cylinder.
 :-)

Really though, if there had been DOT 3 in the brake
system and you desire to convert to BFS (Silicone
stuff known as DOT 5 in the US...see
http://http.tamu.edu/~tmb9855/bfs.jpg for
verification), it would be a good idea to install new
wheel cylinders and master cylinder anyway. If you
flush before installing these, no damage to the new
components. That's what I did and it worked great.

Cheers!

T. Bloxom

http://www.syndel.com/msds/denatured_ethanol_msds.html