Torque vs HP

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 08:28:38 PDT

Thanks Kenneth,
If they are listing 305 pound feet of torque at 1500 RPM I wonder what
it
would be at 2600 RPM?Or does it make much difference.?

Bob

The LDT-465-1C has the torque peak at 1500 RPM. It is still producing
plenty of torque at 2600 RPM, but not as much as at 1500 RPM.

Gas and Diesel engines produce their maximum torque at lower RPM's than
where they produce maximum horsepower (at least I can't think of any
exceptions). I saw an interesting Army film years ago about the use of
governors on engines that explained this.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA