Help: Need source for 6.5L TD rebuilt turbocharger or rebuild kit...also hydroboost...

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 16:33:43 PDT

Well, I got the wonderful coolant smell figured out.
Turns out I have a bad heater core and it's been
bypassed now. I have a feeling I won't be needing a
heater any time real soon anyway since it's about 110
degrees outside. :-)

There was an external component bearing knock on the
CUCV...turned out to be the alternator (remember the
alternator episode I had in El Paso?)...So -- since
the only 78 amp alternator they had in stock only had
a 1-year warranty, I paid less and got a 100 amp with
a lifetime replacement warranty. Odd, eh? The 100
amp will come in handy with the a/c system when I
decide to get that going.

Now -- I need suggestions on sources to buy a
remanufactured (not used/takeout) turbocharger for a
Chevy 6.5L turbo diesel...mine is a little leaky. I
also need the hydroboost for same...those are the only
components in need of attention at the moment. I can
probably rebuild the turbocharger myself with adequate
instructions/diagrams. I probably need to buy a
rebuilt hydroboost though...I'm pretty sure I don't
want to play around with that. I've been told it's a
pretty intensive rebuild.

Thanks for any help!

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV (It's working much better now!)