Battery problem, or am I just dumb?

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 20:36:38 PDT

Hi all,
Well, my M35 batteries are dead and won't charge well.
I find that there is a draw on them even when the switch is shut off ( small
spark when removing or replacing the cable to battery).
I have a couple of questions.
One:
Is there a certain thing common in M35's relating to the draw problem? I
know I can trace the load out, but if there is something that happens a lot
to others, it might save me much screwing and unscrewing ( do I want to
avoid this? Hmmmmmm).
Second:
I have the correct batteries in my truck, but don't find where the water
level should be. I brought it up to the bottom of the ring and sleeve the
cap goes on. Is this correct?
The batteries worked fine always, and it started perfectly every time. I
used it in the fourth of July parade, and after that the batteries won't
hold a charge. I've usually experienced batteries getting progressively
weaker, and finally not working, but not just a sudden no- worky.
If any one has any ideas at to the drain or bad battery problem, I'd sure
appreciate knowing them.
I've tried cleaning all terminals, and charging the batteries unhooked from
the truck, too. No change.
I don't want to get the 4 pound hammer out..................
Thanks,
Henry
MVPA 22136
M35A2