Re: [MV] rejuvenating batteries

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 21:28:41 PDT

At 06:34 PM 8/16/2001 -0700, John Freeman,MD wrote:
>GROUP:
>Have pair new batteries which were in storage for
>one year wet and without charge.Now will not accept
>full charge , is there any chemical which may be
>added to battery acid to enable restoration of such
>batteries,or do I just have some more nice lead for my
>bullet molds?
>John Freeman
I would try charging them for a week or two on a low rate of charge
like 1 amp or 2 amp if at room temp if out in the cold thay mite need more
butt watch tham like each day or soo
and a charge/discharge mite help if not let to set dead to long
how many hrs can you screw with tham before you are better off buying new
ones