CCKW 185 hr resto

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 02:39:22 PDT

Am presently making a new floor.
The cabin is removed and dismantled
to its component pieces.

The floor was rusted out, and i cut out 80%
leaving flanges and as many holes as i could.
I coated this with POR15 and riveted sheetmetal
over this like a jigsaw puzzle.
When I amsure the holes all line up, I will
cut a piece of 1.2mm gal, to be rivetted over the whole lot.

The back and sides aint real flash either, but i will repair them.
I have arranged a good deal with a local sandblaster,
I pay the foreman cash in his pocket, and he did the first
lot of 8 panels or so for $30, beats the hell out of wire brushing.

Turns out much easier to dismantle the cabin when its is off,seems
was meant to be done that way, with innaccesable nuts on the underside.
I coated everything with POR15, should last a long time!

A fellow came to visit me recently, he is negotiating to buy a CCKW.
This is good as he is local. He has several Chevy trucks '38 or so.
His CCKW has bad tires and no tray.

After 185 hrs my resto is nearly on schedule for 90% completion by Xmas.
I hope to have the cabin reassembled and complete by end August.

                                                regards tony