RE: [MV] Want to buy GPA Large

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 05:20:12 PDT

Joe,

You are right, the GP Small has one center pole. It also has a side pole at
each of the six "corners". In addition, there is a slightly taller pole in
the middle of two of the "sides" because they are split down the middle to
form the doors. Screen panels are integral to each of the doors.

The tent you are calling the M-1951 (you may be right on the M-number, I
don't know) sounds very much like what I have always known as the "Arctic"
tent. It is very similar to the GP Small, but the sides are not as tall
(maybe about 3 feet tall) and there are no side poles. The tent is supported
by its center pole and held outward by guy ropes. They are usually erected
in Winter environments, and they usually have the liner installed, along
with a Yukon stove. This is what we always used during the five years of
Winter camps that I attended while a member of the 205th Support Battalion,
USAR, in Minnesota.

John