FS: M725 Jeep Ambulance

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:24:05 PDT

Howdy List,

I have decided to sell one of my M725 Ambulances to raise money for the
proper restoration of the other one. This 1968 model has some rust in
the cab, a very solid body, and all military driveline. Recent work includes:

Head job and military head gasket on 230 Tornado 6.
Radiator recored.
New motor and transmission mounts.
Gas tank boiled out and coated.
All brake cylinders new, new NOS Military shoes, all new hoses, lines flushed.
All trannies, diffs, wheel bearings etc. serviced while brakes were
being done.
Civilian turn signals.
Converted to 12V system while retaining military distributor, plugs and wires.
Electric windshield wipers installed. Vacuum units retained in box.

Military items missing:
Gas fired rear compartment heater.
Ducting for heater.
Surgical Light.
Sliding plywood door between cab and ambulance body.
Military horn and blackout drive light.
NDT Tires are 90%, including spare, but age cracked on sides - should be
replaced.
Canvas curtains on rear door windows there but rotted.
Rear view mirrors need replacing.

Vehicle painted white. Body and doors all straight and tight, good
glass. Has all data plates. Works well in sand and will crawl over poser
SUV's. Easy restoration to HMV or make one great, 1 1/2ton go anywhere
camper/beach buggy!

Ambulance in Corpus Christi, TX. Clear Texas title, current
registration. Can send pictures by mail (I am scanner challenged!)
$3,500, you pick up (Drive it home @ 55mph) or shipping can be arranged.

Cheers!
Mel Miller
2 X M725