Re: [MV] Leaded vs. Unleaded Fuel

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 12:07:34 PDT

I would agree with everything that Don said -if-
you're not planning on pulling the engine out anyway.

If you're going to need to pull the engine and rebuild
it because of something else -- worn rings, valves,
etc., I would go ahead and put hardened valve seats in
at that point. I think the additional cost in the
machine shop for that on my F-134 wasn't that
outrageous (or I wouldn't have had it done :-) ) I
certainly wouldn't pull a good engine only to put in
hardened valve seats.

As far as driving military vehicles to work every day,
I do...doesn't everyone? :-)

T. Bloxom