CUCV spring pads

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 21:21:47 PDT

He y'all,
Got a CUCV question for you. Are the spring pads on the M1009 Blazer the
same distance apart as the spring pads on the M1008 pick-up? I was told
they were before. My rear end is getting ready to grenade in my M1009 for
the third time (too much tire, off-road use, and bad gears) and I have a
line on a set of 1-ton axles that I could swap. My custom 1-ton driveshaft
already has the 1350 joints on it so it will match up. The place with the
axles also has some tires and wheels. The 4.56 gears would be nice too and
it would give me about 3/4" more height since tubes are bigger. Any help
would be appreciated. Yes, I know I'll be modifying a military vehicle, but
my daily driven, 100k plus mile truck is way beyond stock anyway so please
save your flames for someone who puts a mint slat grille body on a Chevy
S-10 chassis. :o) Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN