Re: [MV] Frederick Airshow

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 06:13:27 PDT

Phil,
         Judging by your email address, was that your Kettenkrad
there? Looked like a nice one! I was in the AMMI WW2 Field Hospital. I
didn't bring a vehicle, I just spent the weekend carrying people from the
Ambulance, to preop, to the OR, to post op.
         We were set up next to a bunch of MVs from one of the local
clubs. A couple of nice deuces, M151s, a CUCV (VERY NICE!), some WW2
jeeps, and other stuff I can't remember. There were also some USMC jeeps &
trucks there. The Fourth Armored was there with 2 halftracks and a Weapons
Carrier. I passed by the German camp & saw the Kettenkrad and a few other
vehicles. Oh! I also saw a guy wearing a Joe Young t-shirt! Don't see
too many of those in Georgia!
         I'll have pictures from the show in a week or so. I shot photos
using a WW2 era camera with B/W film so I just can't run out to the local 1
hour place to get them developed. Once I get them back, I'll scan them &
put them on my site.
         Being down here in the WW2 starved south, it was well worth the
drive! Frederick & Reading are both shows I don't mind the 11-13 hour
drive to get to.

Later,
Brian Mead
Griffin, Georgia