Re: [MV] Opinion Wanted

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 11:54:45 PDT

Hi Lars...

>I saw your Barbarian Burban, very cool!

Thanks!

>I thought of "MS10-09A3", since A2 models actually exist. I have all the
>lights from Jack's in Tucson, I just need to fabricate the Mil-spec
>brush guard in small for my "Baby Blazer".
> I even thought of getting the Canadaian Diesel motor for authentic
>sound and smell. I may just wait for "the right" MV,
>before I ruin my Tiny Blazer.

That sounds perfect!

>I've been in the service nearly ten years now, and I got to see the
>Dodge M880's go, also the CUCV's went and then the FMTV and LMTV trucks
>were brought in to service.
>I also fielded the Freightliner trucks for the Engineers.

It sounds like you're all set!

>I wonder what's next? I have seen test models of newer Ford and newer
>Chevy A'la CUCV in Yuma and Aberdeen, this time with Fold-down type
>windshield A'la M715.
>Who now's for sure.

That's cool...do you know of any links to the brand new CUCV vehicles?

Thanks.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 3/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net