MV-isitor to USA

From: David (jeepers@online.no)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 12:01:24 PDT

Hi,
I will be visiting the States for the first time ever in the second half
September and first week October. Spending a few days in NYC then down
to DC before using the remaining 14 - 18 days driving around the eastern
half of the States over to Oklahoma/Kansas, before railing back to NYC
and returning to Europe.
As a member of the MVPA I will be looking in the next Supply Line
whether there are any MV Meets being held and which would be on my
route. However I'd also like any suggestions as to noteworthy museums
and other sites to be seen (with an MV or mil-hist connection). For
example I see that there is the US Army Transportation Museum in Newport
News - is it worth visiting ? Has anyone been to the D-Day Museum in New
Orleans ? As I'll be in Okla. how about Fort Sill ?
Any and all suggestions appreciated. Pls mail me directly on
jeepers@online.no so we don't annoy all the other mv-listers. Thanks in
advance.

Regards
David Hammond