Re: [MV] Mule Engine

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:59:07 PDT

What you've got to do is change all attachments to the block (carb. and
intake,exhaust system,flywheel and bell housing,magneto, etc.)to those that
will fit the mule. About the only thing that can remain is the fuel pump and
the plugs and wires. The starter and pulley will not work on the mule
application. In one of the MV magazines this conversion is covered, I can't
remember the issue No. If you have a old mule engine, you have all the
parts. Basically the engine block, jugs, heads, and internal parts are the
same. True mule engines are very hard (impossible) to find.
Hope this helps.
Keith