Re: [MV] Getting a vehicle titled in Texas

From: Royce C. Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 13:28:09 PDT

Here is my 2 cents worth. First, I believe that the Legislators want us
to buy Texas first, therefore no new tax if you purchase your vehicle in
Texas. Second, Texas has a reciprocal tax agreement with a few states,
which when moving to Texas, they don't have to pay a tax on their car.
Third, it is too easy to get a negotiable title from some of those states
which have a reciprocal agreement, therefore loosing more tax revenue and
the possibility of bogus titles.

If you would like the real reasons, I can contact my Rep. and forward his
response.

I feel like (liberal thinking) that they were closing a "loophole".

Royce