Re: [MV] OBD WHO? II!

From: paul carrier (paulc@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 08:40:10 PDT

At 11:24 AM 8/26/01 +0000, you wrote:
>This is nothing, in just a few years all the big non-commercial grade
>trucks (SUVs especially) will be hybrid gas/electric. The military
>already has a hybrid Hummer in the works.

I understand the test vehicle is running.
The same TACOM page also mentions a Bradley prototype to be built...

>Like the early days of automobiles, everybody has a different way of
>going about it. And as we all know, electrics go long before
>mechanicals. It will take years to shake the bugs out of the new
>technologies.
>
>I wouldn't want to be a mechanic a decade from now -

It's bad enough NOW !
We had a job at AT on an M1.
Turret power on, key gunners CVC, turret traverses right.
Speak into gunners CVC and turret goes left !

I told the motor sgt he didn't need DS maintenance he needed the brigade
chaplain !

>PS - the hybrid Hummer can switch to all-electric and run at 10 mph
>silently for 20 miles. And no IR signature! Who ever expected a
>stealth truck?

SSG Paul D. Carrier
Readiness NCO (63H & 45K)
Det 2 Co. B 145 SPT BN